In North Carolina, you will need to successfully complete an approved 79-hour pre-licensing course. Candidates must then complete the following steps to become a licensed real estate broker:
- Submit an application form, your completion certificate and $100 to the N.C. Real Estate Commission.
- Register for and pass the North Carolina State Licensing Exam. A $64 examination fee is payable directly to PSI Exams
- Obtain a criminal background check from CriminalRecordCheck.com
Click here for a list of approved schools in North Carolina.
South Carolina Real Estate License
In South Carolina, you will need to successfully complete an approved 60-hour pre-licensing course and complete a South Carolina State Licensing Exam.
- All applicants must be over the age of 18 and have a high school diploma (or certificate of equivalency) and be lawfully present and eligible to work in the United States.
- Before you apply for a license you will also need to complete an additional Unit II: Advanced Real Estate Principles course (30-hours). Passing Score sheets and proof of completion of the Unit II course must be submitted with your licensure application.
- Complete a Criminal Background Check
- Find the classes you need to take before taking the Real Estate Exam:
- Reference Document #140 and Document #150
Click here for information about obtaining a South Carolina real estate license.
Post-Licensing Courses and Continuing Education
Additional post-licensing courses and continuing education may be required in North and South Carolina once you have received your real estate license.